Friday 22 May 2015

From House to House

Acts 5:42:   "And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus."

I was out going house to house with a Ghanaian brother yesterday morning. We did two hours - a lot for me these days. But the second hour was on a return visit of his - so I wasn't walking for 2 hours which, depressingly, I can't manage any more.   He had offered to show the lovely lady we called on how to access our website: JW.org.   And we not only found her at home, but she was looking after her granddaughter. So the little girl was able to help her granny with the computer, and we watched a couple of videos from the site.  The little granddaughter also showed us her art portfolio from school. She has an artist's eye. She had a painting of the beach huts that was very well seen.

The sofa was rather low and I did get a bit anxious as to how I was ever going to get out of it. But, with a bit of help from my sturdy brother it was achieved and I did not become a permanent fixture in the house.  

We also watched a video at the meeting last night.

And we had some touching experiences from the many children in our congregation.  Two of our lovely young teenage sisters were on the platform telling us how they have started a Bible study with one of their classmates.  She has just asked them what clothes are suitable for Christian meetings.

The answer, of course, is in the Bible.  " Likewise, the women should adorn themselves in appropriate dress, with modesty and soundness of mind," - 1 Timothy 2:9

Our first study last night was so reassuring, as it was all about how much Jehovah loves and values those who serve him - how he looks for the positive in us, and sees all our potential for good.   And he knows us from the moment of our conception.

I think we are born into a terrible loneliness, cut off as we are from our Creator, our Source of life. Its through no fault of our own, but because of what our first parents did.  And a rescue is so close at hand, through the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ. And that is what we are trying to tell you as we go house to house, door to door.


I arrived back exhausted, and wanting my lunch, to find a second batch of Butterfly Memberships waiting for me, and I am embroiled in them right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment