Monday 23 September 2013

Back to School

Appropriate for the month - September, the Back to School month - David rang yesterday to ask if he could assign me a part in the Ministry School in November.   I said, yes, of course.  I sincerely hope I will be back to the meetings by October.   And how differently I feel about this school.  Not that I don't feel nervous when I have a part, but everything is so positive and so upbuilding.  The Ministry School builds you up.  It does not tear you down.  And, most importantly, it teaches us how to teach others the truth, which is what every follower of Christ must do.

"And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.  Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,  teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And, look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” - Matthew 28:18-20

I'm feeling a little less like a chocolate teapot.   The Butterfly paperwork is done, as are all my magazines, plus a thank you letter to Vera, and all await the Captain's trip to shops and post office this morning.  Plus I did manage to make a curry and am planning to make a simple chicken casserole to do us for the  next couple of days.  I now hope to get a letter and card to a sister who is really going through it healthwise and is trying to recover, in hospital, from the first of two very serious operations.

The knee seems to be doing well - the pain is less, thank goodness - and it seems to be quite bendy. The problem is that I don't know what to expect.  However, the physio will be here tomorrow, and she will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment