Thursday 1 September 2016

A Beautiful Brimstone Visitor

Brimstone Moth, Opisthograptis luteolata
Since Captain B put a brighter bulb in our balcony light, we are having lots of mothy visitors, including this lovely fellow.  Or lass?    I can see they will all  have names before long and I will be putting out saucers of milky horlicks every evening.

Roger went to have lunch with a long lost sister today, and Captain Butterfly went off to photograph - well - butterflies - with a box of sandwiches and cake.   So I had a quiet lunch of the leftover soup and the leftover toast from breakfast.

I got myself up to speed with the week's studying and then got over-ambitious and walked to Lidl's and back.  I can hardly stand up now. And yet its no way at all.  A few years ago it would hardly have seemed like a walk.. moan, moan, whinge, whinge.

The first day of September today and a real feeling of Autumn in the air. There are leaves on the ground - probably because we are in desperate need of rain - but still, they look exactly like Autumn leaves.   And the new photo on the Captain's beautiful calendar is a Silver-studded Blue.

As we are about to go on an Earthworm Recognition Course, I am having a few worries about what might be on his 2017 Calendar,

No comments:

Post a Comment