Sunday 1 May 2016

Sunday or Monday?

I have to keep reminding myself that today is Sunday - because we had our meeting at the Kingdom Hall yesterday afternoon, instead of this morning.  It was a live broadcast, linking over 70,000 of us, including the tiny congregation of our siblings in the Falklands!  They all gave us a wave.

We had the Watchtower summary, conducted (masterfully) by a Geordie brother; the Branch Report and Experiences; and two talks: "Prove Yourself Ready for Jehovah's Day", and "Make Over Your Mind".

Both were wonderful and powerful talks.   I didn't take notes.  But I did make a note of these verses, I must have read them many times as before, as we continually read through the Bible. But yesterday they leapt out at me.

(Jeremiah 33:20, 21) “This is what Jehovah says, ‘If you could break my covenant regarding the day and my covenant regarding the night, to prevent day and night from coming at their proper time, only then could my covenant with my servant David be broken, so that he should not have a son ruling as king on his throne, and so also my covenant with the Levitical priests, my ministers."

We can be sure of everything that Jehovah promises, everything he convenants.

We had supper with Jacks in the evening - Moroccan chicken, rice, apple pie, ice cream and a lovely cheese board. A fun evening as always.

And this morning the Captain set off early to Treasure Hunt with the metal detectorists - then got diverted on a rescue, 18 year old girl disappeared after a night out - a very very worrying thing - but when he reached the location, they all got stood down. She had turned up safe. Thank God.

I can't say I have done much today. We watched the first half of the snooker final - Mark Selby and Ding Junhui - and I did get up the courage to do the return visits in our flats.  One not at home, one very unwelcoming this time round, and one young lad who was very pleasant and with who I had a bit of a chat, but he is not interested.

He said he is a churchgoer. So I left him with this thought.  I said that I had been a churchgoer for many years, but that I learnt more about what the Bible on my shelf says in the first 20 minutes that I spent talking to the Jehovah's Witnesses who called than I did in all my years of churchgoing.


No comments:

Post a Comment