Sunday 22 May 2016

The Circuit Assembly

It really needed a team of sturdy brothers to get me into the back of David's car - 6 pulling, 6 pushing. The door was small, and my knees just don't bend the way they did.  I had to sort of shuffle myself as far in as I could and then lie flat - oh dear - awful, undignified - but, somehow, between us - David, Christine and me - we did it.  

Then we had to get me out again...

And when i got to our lovely Assembly hall at Haysbridge yesterday, I found another problem. The seats are a bit on the low side for my Knew Knees, but when I waet last time, I could pull myself up with both arms. Now, of course, I can't.  So getting up and down was very painful.  My kind sister, Beryl, lent me her cushion - and for sure I will have to take some cushions next time.   But I was in a lot of pain by the end, and was really worried we would not be able to get me in or out the car.

However, it was worth it.  Because how beautifully and carefully we are taught.

The theme of the Assembly was:

"Imitate their Faith"
- Hebrews 13:7

And these are some of the questions we are asked to meditate on:

How can we take as a pattern the faithful example of the prophets?
James 5:10,11:  "Brothers, take as a pattern of the suffering of evil and the exercising of patience the prophets who spoke in the name of Jehovah.  Look! We consider happy those who have endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome Jehovah gave, that Jehovah is very tender in affection and merciful."

How do sisters benefit from imitating "holy women of the past"?
 1 Peter 3:3-6: "Do not let your adornment be external—the braiding of hair and the wearing of gold ornaments or fine clothing— but let it be the secret person of the heart in the incorruptible adornment of the quiet and mild spirit, which is of great value in the eyes of God.  For this is how the holy women of the past who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, subjecting themselves to their husbands,  just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord. And you have become her children, provided you continue doing good and do not give in to fear."

And today we got some very very upsetting family news.


No comments:

Post a Comment