Monday 24 February 2014

The First Pre-op Dream

But first, here is Stevie Smith again:

This Englishwoman (by Stevie)

This Englishwoman is so refined
She has no bosom and no behind.

A lovely little Stevie sketch accompanies the poem.


Captain B and his sandwiches left early on Sunday to join the treasure hunters, and I listened to the meeting on the phone line.  Can't think what I did Saturday, beyond hobble around whinging about the pain in my knees.

I did get all my magazine route calls ready for posting. I have 16 houses - so 32 magazines to go.  I didn't send any cards or letters with them this month, but did put some of the new tracts in.  David and Christine have taken over my seventeenth call and knock at her door every month. And rarely find her at home, which was my experience.

The meeting, by phone, was so interesting.  We started with the first verse of Genesis, and something else I had never noticed before (for all the times I have read it).  Genesis 2:15:  "And Jehovah God proceeded to take the man and settle him in the garden of E′den to cultivate it and to take care of it."

I hadn't registered the word "settle" before now.  The Speaker pointed out that Jehovah didn't just dump Adam down in the Garden of Eden, but "settled" him there.   Maybe one day we will find out - though not from Adam himself of course - just what that garden was like.  And learn of all the arrangements that Jehovah made.  I am guessing they must have told their children about it.

It is a sunny Monday morning.  White horses galloping across the Channel.  And last night I dreamt that I was in hospital, waiting all day for my op to start. That was realistic at any rate as last time, I was told to get there at 7.30 in the morning - and when I arrived, I was told my operation would not be until 4.30.    Those hours of terror, waiting, in a hospital, and feeling so frightened and thirsty are not a small part of the horror of the whole procedure.

Anyway, in my dream, I was served lunch along with everyone else. And it wasn't till later in the dream afternoon that I realised I would not now be able to have my op, as I was supposed to have been starved.  I suppose my mind is searching desperately for a way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment