Friday 12 April 2013

Publishing

http://www.fantasticbookspublishing.com/about/

For all the poets out there my publisher - Fantastic Books - is running an International Poetry Competition. 

And  I am mulling over offering them a collection of short stories.  I have the stories - its a question of getting them together, and doing a little polishing, though most of them are definitely polished and finished.

Dougal - ex dog Security in our Company Town - is coming to stay next week so I have ordered a copy of "Small Playgrounds" to give him. He is a fellow writer of poetry.

It was the Memorial service for May this morning - Captain Butterfly kindly fetched and carried me.  David gave the talk - and I gave Tony, May's husband, one of the butterfly cards with some words of sympathy.
And I included a quote from Deuteronomy 33:27:  " A hiding place is the God of ancient time,
And underneath are the everlasting arms."

Everlasting arms don't go away - they don't fail to catch and hold us as we fall into death.

Had a chat with Audrey on the phone and she has asked me over for coffee on Sunday, as everyone else will be at the Assembly.  Neither of us is well enough to go, and Captain Butterfly will be out all day.

And we - me, Captain B and Jacks - are dining at Jill and Tom's tomorrow night.

It has been a beautiful day today - a lot of sunshine, some rain - and there is now a wonderful sky over the Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment