Tuesday 19 March 2013

A lot of paperwork

Spent yesterday doing a lot of paperwork, as I tried to go out and finish my magazine route but wasn't able to.  So I have most of the March magazines parcelled up, ready to be posted today, with the Memorial invitations.  I have had to cancel my service with Audrey and Maggie, and don't know when I will be able to get out again.  Presumably after I have the knee ops - IF I can have them, and IF they work...

I was talking to Jo, my niece, who has had a knee op, and she says I will be on crutches for a while. And I can't see me negotiating our potholed streets on crutches!

I drove myself to the Sunday meeting and back, but it was all I could do.  

We had supper with Jacks on Friday - a Thai curry - lovely, as always. 

Its sunny today, with a calm grey-blue Channel, but not warm.

I long for the moment Jehovah has promised us, when no resident of the earth will say "I am sick".

I know that moment will come.  None of Jehovah's promises has ever failed, or will ever fail.  Whether we will be there or not is another matter.  "He who endures to the end is the one who will be saved"...

And its an undeserved kindness, so there is always hope. 

We - the children of Adam - don't know what its like to be truly alive, as we are dying from the moment we are born.   And all I can say is that those of us who got old and sick in this system of things will surely have even more appreciation of our rescue.  And I hope that is the spirit in which i will be attending the Memorial, with, all being well, Captain Butterfly at my side.  

Alarming news from Cyprus, where apparently the Government and EU are helping themselves to everyone's savings.  They seem to want to encourage a very feckless attitude in all of us - sort of Spend Spend Spend because Tomorrow the Government will take it away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment