Monday 3 September 2012

A Landmark Day

The first meeting at our new Kingdom Hall - and Richard was there, for the first time. But I very much hope not the last.  We had a chat afterwards and he gave me his phone number, so I must ring him this week.  I haven't been able to go on the study for over a month now because I can no longer cope with stairs.

Anyway, wonderful to be in the new Hall, and wonderful to see Richard there.

We then went to the Nicola Benedetti Concert in Worthing - see the Captain's Log - and for a picture of Nicola, who wasn't exactly behind the door when they handed out the good looks.

She can play a mean violin too.

Two expats - plus friend in wheelchair arriving over the next two days - so I have just had to cancel Audrey tomorrow.  I can only cope with so many things in a day at the moment and tomorrow will be shopping and cooking.   It will be great to have an Expat reunion though - we haven't had one for a while, so we are looking forward to seeing them both and catching up. And, no doubt, talking about the desert days.

And then I have to write my talk - to be given on the new stage, in the new Hall - faint...   I remember, years ago, when I was studying with the Witnesses and I did my first public talk at the Broomhill Hall, I heard mummy saying to one of my sisters in the kitchen.  "Sue must be really serious about this. I didn't think there was anything that could make her stand up and speak in public."

And she was right.  I was very serious, and only help from Jehovah's holy spirit could, and can, get me to speak in public.


No comments:

Post a Comment