Monday 27 August 2012

The Orchid and I

I wasn't going to do a blog today as I haven't been doing much.  However, Col has offered me a photo of Linda's orchid, which is doing very well.  It now has eleven flowers - so I thought I should do a blog in its honour. The orchids and I spend a lot of time together at the moment.

What else?  Fed Captain B (Jackie's lovely home baked ham is still providing us with salad teas); and I was asked for a poem by an American internet friend - she wants to publish "Bedtime Stories" (from "Old Playgrounds") on her blog.  So I was pleased about that.

Jackie was round in the morning for coffee and a chat. And Audrey and I chatted on the phone.  We hope to be out on the doors tomorrow. Audrey has some Not At Homes for us to follow up.

I have finished my climb of Everest, North Face, with Matt Dickinson and Al Hinkes.  An exhausting business, I don't mind telling you.  And I think they were a bit puffed too after dragging me and my sofa all the way up and down.

No comments:

Post a Comment