Thursday 21 July 2011

Attercliffe of Bangkok

Another poem I wrote many years ago.

Attercliffe of Bangkok
 by me

Banana palms fruiting
machinery chugging
behind corrugated fences
Coconuts lying un needed
on the grass
Helicopters
bright butterflies
clear blue skies
A long wait for the Sheik
who talks and talks
Hours go by
In the grassy dark of palms
the thin white cat
eats duck I bought.

Audrey and I went on the field service Tuesday morning, after a shopping trip - to the pet shop - food for the birds - which reminds me that another pigeon has taken to sitting on our balcony railings.   Which causes me, typing peacefully away, to be terror struck by a sudden ROAR of GET OFF MY BALCONY!!  from Himself.  The pigeon sits there calmly - flying slowly off at the last minute (a second before the foaming Captain Butterfly reaches it) - while I flap round the room in a panic and knock myself out trying to fly through the mirror.

Blood test this morning.  New med no fun.  Ken and Jean will pick me up at 7 for the Brighton Convention.  

No comments:

Post a Comment