Thursday 3 December 2020

A Picture of Summer

As December begins, a fb friend, Marcin, sends me a picture of him and his dog on a sunny Oz beach, on the first day of summer in the Land Down Under.  On Wednesday we had a splendid sunrise, more pink than red, with clouds of pink and gray arching over the sea.   

Jehovah gives us a masterpiece every morning.

Captain Butterfly and I hosted a Zoom meeting and we "shared screen" from our respective seats at the dining room table.

I got back to my letter writing on Tuesday.  I found myself devoting Wednesday to the Supermarket Delivery - I am so feeble now that just getting that put away exhausts me - to talking to my siblings on Zoom, to friends on the phone, and also making a large fruit cake.  I usually make two this time of year - one for the Captain's packed lunches and one for the Butterfly Conservation AGM.  Well, only a virtual cake would have been needed for the AGM this year, so I thought I would use up all the dried fruit I had left and re-stock the freezer.

And today, Thursday, the Captain's alarm went off in the early hours as metal detecting has restarted. METAL DETECTING HAS RE-STARTED!!!!   I am feeling a bit gloomy and in a lot of pain - but have the short field service meeting to look forward to - and after I am hosting a Zoom meeting. 

Yesterday evening I hosted a Zoom meeting for a friend and even shared my blog on screen with her.  I am feeling quite the techny nerd (rather than just a nerd) but it is all due to the kind and patient teaching I have had  - and of course lots of help from Captain Butterfly, who is not quite so patient but knows his stuff, and, poor guy. he has to keep solving my computer problems for me (which may explain a certain lack of patience at times).

And I have another letter from the Government, who are keeping an eye on me.  The extra restrictions have been eased again, but I am still to be extra careful, which is what I am being anyway.  We both are. 

But, if the worst comes to the worst... here is the hope in the next instalment of the article about the resurrection. And actually after our lovely meetings this morning, plus my painkillers kicking in, I am feeling a lot better.  Once again I ask myself, how do you cope if you don't have the Kingdom hope?


APPRECIATE JEHOVAH’S WISDOM

15. How does the resurrection give evidence of Jehovah’s wisdom?

15 The threat of death is a powerful weapon. Those under Satan’s control use it to force people to betray their friends or to give up their convictions. But that threat is powerless against us. We know that if our enemies kill us, Jehovah will restore us to life. (Rev. 2:10) We are convinced that nothing they do can sever our attachment to Jehovah. (Rom. 8:35-39) What remarkable wisdom Jehovah has shown by giving us the resurrection hope! By means of it, he disarms Satan of one of his most effective weapons and at the same time arms us with unbreakable courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment