Monday 30 November 2020

A Real November Morning


 

I woke up on this, the last day of the month, to find the real November outside - proper mist - not a sea-fret.  It is a symphony of greys and subdued greens.  I am feeling both Novembery - towards the end of my year - and very grateful for another day of life on this amazing planet.

The picture is from the short walk we took in Houghton Woods on Friday.  It was rather muddy, but I managed forty minutes - which is an improvement.  However...

  "As the doctor said to me when I had my tubes tilted..."   That great line from a Victoria Wood sketch applies at the moment, as problems of that nature keep me in pain and depressed. So I did very little this weekend, though I was at the Zoom field service meeting on Saturday and at the Zoom group afterwards, and got more territory for my letter witnessing.

Sunday morning was the Zoom meeting plus chat rooms afterwards.  The meeting was just starting when Captain Butterfly appeared in the kitchen - or virtual Kingdom Hall - murmuring that he was taking himself off to Pulbrough Brooks and needed a sandwich lunch which he would make for himself.  I tried to signal frantically that he should not appear on my computer screen looking theatrically hard done by as he had to MAKE HIS OWN SANDWICHES because Mrs.Captain B was too busy with her Christian work!  

During the Saturday meeting he was doing the hoovering.  Bless him.   But I have done nothing beyond the meetings - and getting our meals together - I feel terminally tired (for tube-tilting reasons) and just want to sleep and sleep.  

My continuing collapse seems an excellent reason to continue with the Watchtower study article about the resurrection. It will be very comforting to me.

How do those who do not know, or do not accept, God's word cope with this stage of life - or any of it, come to that?   I am so so grateful that those two lovely ladies, Willhelmina and Ruby called on me all those years ago, with their Bibles and their Watchtowers in their hands.

Therefore I hope to be able to report in my next blog that I am back to my letter writing, the only way we can call at the doors at the moment.    And, in case I don't make it as far as the next blog... gulp... here is what I am hoping for.

APPRECIATE JEHOVAH’S LOVE

13. In line with Psalm 139:1-4, how will the resurrection show just how much Jehovah knows about us?

13 As we discussed earlier, when Jehovah resurrects people, he will restore their memories and the personality traits that made them who they were. Just think of what that implies. Jehovah loves you so much that he is keeping track of all that you think, feel, say, and do. So if he had to resurrect you, he would easily be able to restore your memories, attitude, and personality traits. King David was aware of just how interested Jehovah is in each one of us. (Read Psalm 139:1-4.) In what way can understanding how well Jehovah knows us affect us now?

14. In what way should we be affected when meditating on how well Jehovah knows us?

14 When we meditate on how well Jehovah knows us, we should not feel worried. Why not? Remember that Jehovah deeply cares for us. He cherishes the traits that make each one of us unique. He carefully notes the experiences in our life that make us who we are. What a comforting thought! Never should we feel that we are alone. Each minute of every day, Jehovah is right beside us, looking for opportunities to help us.​—2 Chron. 16:9.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2020526#h=64



No comments:

Post a Comment