Thursday 24 December 2020

Mr. Blumenthal versus Mr.Kipling

 

I like mince pies. But which are best - Mr.Kipling's or Heston Blumenthal's?   Are the two gentlemen in question prepared to FIGHT!!! it out?  Or shall we decide for ourselves?

The reason I ask this question is that Waitrose sent us a pressie with our delivery this week, which came early in view of the looming Christmas holiday. And it was a box of Heston Blumenthal mince pies. A rather lovely present. Thank you Waitrose.  I only risked half a one, but it had an interesting aniseed flavour to it.


We had another walk this afternoon.  Sunny but with an icy wind, which there should be this time of year.  We had lots of room as the tide was still out.

Captain B is a very good lockdown companion.  He makes me laugh all the time, and makes sure I get out for my walkies.

I got a card off to a friend who has just lost her sister.  I sent one of Bea's lovely Iris painting cards.  And I sent another card to an old school friend, who lives on the I.O.W, just across the water.  We have known each other since we were 5 years old.  Its all getting so like Arnold Bennett's "The Old Wives Tale" - a powerful and sad exposition of how quickly the young become old.    We had a short field service meeting in Zoom this morning and it is our big midweek get together tonight.

Our study of the Book of Ezekiel is just about to get properly under way. We are setting the scene in Genesis at the moment.  It would be so well worth joining your local JW congregation for this study - which takes half an hour a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment