Tuesday 15 December 2020

My Life as a Bond Girl (and a small flare up)



One of the problem crowns suddenly fell out!  No warning. Nothing. I wasn't eating, or doing anything.   It just fell off.  So now I look all set to play the terrifying JAWS in whichever Bond movies he was in. The outer space one was one of them I think.  So, if there is a remake, they would be able to save a lot on buying and fitting metal teeth by casting me.

At the very least, I will get to frighten the horses until Wednesday afternoon, which is when the dentist can see me.  I hope its not going to flare up painwise. There is just a dull ache at the moment, which I can live with.  And most other bits of me are hurting anyway.

This is a very cute look when you are seven, but not when you are in your seventies.

On Sunday morning I wondered if I would even be able to make it as far as my own dining room to go to the meeting.  (the temporary Kingdom Hall is the kitchen when the Captain is at home, but its the dining room when he is off on one of his excursions). The pain in my left shoulder had subsided but my left knee was very bad.  And its an artificial knee too!

Anyway the painkillers - large dose of - kicked in, and I was there, at my monitor. And what a help it was.  The talk was by an Italian brother - excellent English, but very charming accent.  It was about the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ - why, according to the Bible, Jesus came to the earth to die. I was asking Captain B if, during his Protestant childhood, he had ever been taught this. And it seems not, any more than I was in my Catholic Convent days.

I wish everyone in the world could have listened to that talk. Everyone needs to. Urgently. We are all in "the valley of the decision".

I appeared at the field service meeting this morning as a lovely blue butterfly - a Common Blue (or Icarus) - on a yellow flower.  And it depends on what my dentist can do as to whether I will hatch back into a rather elderly lady for the next Zoom meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment