Thursday 31 December 2020

A Walk in the Wetlands

As the surreal Covid year of 2020 approaches its end, and as we are about to head into the unknown (i.e. Brexit) at midnight tonight, I feel I ought to say something profound. But what?  The positive is that we are one year nearer to the time when the loving Kingdom of God will be ruling over the whole earth, restoring the peace of Eden worldwide.  So maybe that is all that needs to be said.


On Tuesday afternoon we had an outing to the Wetland Trust. The light was splendid and the Captain got some great photos.  They do limit the number of people there now, crisis-wise, but it being the school holidays there were more people around than I felt comfortable with.  I wonder more and more if this crisis won't leave me as one of those people who is afraid to set foot out of their own front door. I have always verged on it.

I could not sleep last night so got up in the early hours - and found that Alpha Papa, the Alan Partridge movie had been on!  I caught the last 15 minutes and laughed and laughed.  Which helped.

And I made myself a cup of Twinings Sleep tea - my lovely present from a thoughtful friend. The Bible verse that she had added to this teabag is Ephesians 6:10, which says:  "Finally, go on acquiring power in the Lord and in the mightiness of his strength."

Yes, our Creator, Jehovah is the source of power.  The Bible tells us that it is through the abundance of his dynamic energy that this awe-inspiring universe came to be.  So he can give us the power and the energy that we need to continue doing his will.  And in harmony with that, I note how the Field Service meeting this morning has refreshed me after a rather bad night.

No comments:

Post a Comment