Tuesday 27 October 2020

The Rainbow



"And God added: “This is the sign of the covenant that I am making between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations. I put my rainbow in the cloud, and it will serve as a sign of the covenant between me and the earth."" - Genesis 9:12,13

The Treasure Seekers were out on Thursday, under the tender beauty of this lovely rainbow.

Today - Monday when I am starting this - I hope to post a welcome card to a new sibling - and also to start on our new campaign as we try to tell people about the Kingdom of God by post.  Which is in harmony with Jesus's words at Matthew 24:14:  "And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

The end that will come is the end of all violence, all wickedness - not the end of this lovely jewel of a planet!  

It is Joyce's funeral today - in cyberspace - but I am having some trouble with the link - they ask you to try it out beforehand but I am not getting through, so far.

A lovely thought from the Circuit Overseer's last talk:  He used the comparison of the limpet - and he urged us to cling to Jehovah like a limpet to its rock.  Jehovah is called the Rock. He is completely reliable.  That was the title of the final C.O. talk on Sunday: The Rock.




No comments:

Post a Comment