Saturday 3 August 2024

Dressage



Can I find any poems regarding medical scans? Can I write one, given that I have just had one and am facing a second?  One would think I could but... 

Is there a moth somewhere with "scan" in its name?  The Scandalwood moth maybe?  If not, I will pick out a recent mothy visitor to the balcony to head the blog. The one above is a Common Marble.  Tenuous connection? Scans are a common thing these days.

It's the best  I can do.

Anyway, scan No.1 went much better than expected - I got there early and was seen straight away.  It has shown up one problem though.  What will the second - and more drastic - scan show?  

Our family visitors have been for the traditional summer visits - and gone.  They are all now safely back home.  They picked the sunniest week of the year so far for the visit, which included lots of trips to: beach, playground, funfair - all within walking distance - and two longer excursions to Brighton and to Butlins (Bognor).  And of course we had our evening out at the Arun View.

According to granddaugher Mark 1 the sea was actually warm!  Not bad for the UK.

During the visited we hosted a sandwich, salad and cake lunch for the York branch of the family, a friend of theirs, and cousin Elizabeth. So it was a bit of a family reunion. We don't have many of those these days.

And of course the Olympics are on, and we have been watching some of it.  Apparently it had a strange Bacchanalian opening ceremony, which I didn't see, though I saw a bit of the boats and the horseman on the Seine. 

But what a cruel world system it is.  And maybe the pagan nature of the opening ceremony was appropriate.  because now we have seen the cruelty involved in "training" the horses for the Dressage event. And that made me notice, for the first time (I am ashamed to say), that all the riders at the equestrienne events carry whips.  So what do all those horses go through in training?  They are not volunteers.

I will not watch the equestrienne events anymore. Is an Olympic Gold Medal worth even one moment of cruelty?

How much we, and the animal creation, and the whole earth, need the loving, perfect rule of the Kingdom of God, the heavenly government for whose coming Jesus taught us, and teaches us, to pray.

When we are living under the rule of that Kingdom, we will no longer need to pray for its coming, but I am sure we will thank Jehovah from our heart every single day.




No comments:

Post a Comment