Wednesday 12 October 2022

The C.O.Visit



It is Fungi Season - hence the photo of Scarlet Waxcaps - one of Col's of course.  Hopefully he might find some interesting ones to photograph when he is out in the Detectorist Plains busy adding to the Ringpull hoard.  

One of the things I imagine doing in the restored earthly paradise is foraging through beautiful forests, trug in hand, collecting mushrooms for the pot.  There will no worries about mistaking good fungi for bad then. Either they will all be edible, or my perfect eyes and brain will have no trouble distinguishing between the two.  At the moment I'm not sure if I could distinguish an oak tree from an oakapple...

Who knows? But let's hope we are all there to find out.

The turmoil in the world continues - with horrors on the increase in the Ukraine, causing immense suffering to both Russian and Ukrainian people.  And here, in the UK, our streets seem to be becoming more lawless by the day.  A recent problem are the various organisations of Eco-protesters who are - understandably - worried about the state of the earth - blocking traffic and damaging things. Which actually does not help their cause.

So the preaching work is more urgent than it has ever been, I guess.  And I hope I will be able to report that I am back out on the doors when I do my next blog.


We are having our Circuit Overseer visit this week - to encourage us all.

Will this get me back out on the door to door work?  I have been aiming for one door to door session mid-week and one on Saturday, plus several Zoom sessions. But I missed Saturday last week...

We will be having a couple of special talks from him and I hope to blog a few points from them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment