Thursday 6 October 2022

Foiled and Crowned and M.A.B.L.E.

Schedule for week so far:

Monday:  Zoom session with siblings, including Oz branch of the family, and then Dentist - for a crown.

Tuesday: Field Service Group in the morning; working with a sister in the afternoon - we may call on some of Jean's regular calls to explain why she will not be turning up at their doors again.

Wednesday:  Field Service Group in Zoom, followed by regular session with a sibling, also in Zoom. And another Zoom session in the afternoon with one of the young pioneer sisters.

But how much of that schedule will I make... my batteries are running low, so time will tell.

Check list:  Tooth done. And I have to say I don't know how much more dental torment I can stand.   My dentist knows me well.  I had barely sat down in the Waiting Room before I was called in to the Chamber of Horrors.  "That was quick." I said.  "I didn't want to give you time to panic and escape," he said grimly.

I am ashamed to admit that he once had to leave a patient mid session to come out and make sure I stayed in the Waiting Room and didn't flee.  There was such a long long delay - not his fault, the dental surgeon was caught up in traffic.

I am a complete wimp, with a backbone of solid custard.  If I did not know how to call on my Creator for help and for strength, I can't imagine what sort of state I would be in by now.

However, that ruled out the next thing in my schedule, going out on the door to door on Tuesday morning. I was exhausted and didn't even make the Zoom session.  I spent the morning making the soup for lunch and a rather desperate veggie curry for supper, using up the leftover veg. It turned out quite nice. 

And I went out on a few calls with a sibling on Tuesday afternoon, and hopefully may have started a Bible Study with the lawyer who remembered me, after nearly 3 years!   Is it my resemblance to the supermodel Kate Moss that made such an impression I wonder?  (Answer: NO  and  IF ONLY.)

Of course, what I hope is making the impression is what we are telling him about the Kingdom of God.  If I remember right, when I first met him on the door to door work he said that he was rapidly losing faith in the ability of human governments to solve our problems.

As the Inspired Scriptures warn us: "It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step." - Jeremiah 10:23

Wednesday, I made both Zoom sessions. The weather was quite wild and stormy, but there were builders on our scaffolding, briefly. And the ants have re-appeared.

There were wonderful waves on the Channel.

Oh, and we no longer have an oven.  This is almost the last of our original appliances, all bought new with the flat.  We have had to replace all, except, so far, oven and hob.  Now it is only the hob that works.  I am busy flying the soup machine as it will be soup not pizza for our supper tonight when the hungry hunter gets back from his day's Detectoring.

M.A.B.L.E continues.  It is well worth dropping in to some of the sessions on Youtube.  My publisher has some great authors and it has been fun meeting and talking to them. 

https://www.fantasticbooksstore.com/m-a-b-l-e/mable-schedule

No comments:

Post a Comment