Tuesday 18 October 2022

If it Walks like a Duck



"You walk like a duck." my new physio said.  "We have to change that."  She said my whole body is geared to moving in a way that causes least pain to my arthritic joints. And I guess she is right.  I need to walk like a model apparently. But I am probably never going to take Kate Moss's place on the catwalk however much the physio tries.

Unless Duckwalking become a fashionable look of course... and the Australian Wood Duck in the photo above (taken by Col as always) is surely as lovely and charming as any model.

I must get some points from the Circuit Overseer's concluding talks down before they vanish out of my head.  He is a very good speaker and the images he used ought to stick.  He began his first talk (True Faith: What is is, How it is Shown) with a memorable image, that of Jack and the Beanstalk.

When he got to the fearsome giant, who, famously, said "Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman" - there was nothing snowflakey about children's nursery rhymes back in the day - the Speaker - who is from Scotland - made us all laugh by wondering if the giant was Scottish. 

The point was about having faith even the size of a mustard seed - and nurturing it and growing it - and coming to have a close relationship with our loving Creator.  And nothing is more precious than that.

He reminded us that our Creator has perfectly defined faith in his inspired word.  Hebrews 11:1 tells us that "Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen."

James 2:17:  "So, too, faith by itself, without works, is dead."  So if we have real faith in Jehovah, we show it by obeying him. And the more we obey him, the more we have faith in him, as we find out just how perfect his standards are.

There is nothing more faith-strengthening really than trying to do things Jehovah's way.

I am trying to keep up with my new sets of exercises, twice a day.  And my legs are hurting - well its all hurting a bit, but I am still mobile.  And I got a very odd letter from my GP following on my blood test.  Ordinarily it would be bad news. But in this case I think it is good!  However, I cannot face the hour minimum it would take me to ring my GP to get to speak to anyone and check.

So I will do what seems reasonable and take it that it is in fact good health news for me. And there is not too much of that at the moment, so I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment