Tuesday 18 August 2020

Fantastic Fantasticon

 It was the virtual Fantasticon last weekend - the books launched were:

Janet Blackwell  "The Five Feathers";  Linda Nicklin "Storm Girl";  Mark Henderson "The Cat of Doom"; and James Vigor "The Reality Exchange".

All sound fascinating - so I think I will be putting them on my next booklist - and the Fantastic covers are - well, fantastic.

There was a reading from my next book, the one that will not be called A Present from Betelgeuse.  It was about a third of the first chapter.  It starts with my heroine, alone (as she thought) in the old Hall, night falling fast, and finding out that there is someone else in there with her...

And I have been inside my first computer game.  I think that's what it was. We went through lots of doors in a spaceship and lot of things happened.    It occurred to me that, had I the techie know how, I could have written "Till they Dropped" as one of these computer/video games, as it is about a young girl, the last shopper left alive, trapped in a world that has become a giant shopping mall.  She goes from room to room, from floor to floor, from Mall to Mall, trying to find her way home.

Someone - or Something - is following her.

I attended both afternoon sessions of Fantasticon, as we had our congregation meetings in the morning.

And I had a telephone consultation with the hospital Dermatology department this morning - spoke to a very nice lady - but she still can't tell why me why this happening, or how to stop it.  Anyway, she is going to prescribe a new medication for me to try to reduce the itching, which ought to help.  And will see me again in 3 months.

So another medication to add to my pantheon.


No comments:

Post a Comment