Friday 28 August 2020

A Really Fascinating Blog

 And I would love this to be a really fascinating blog, but...  I would need a really fascinating few days... which hasn't happened yet. And which I probably hope won't happen, as fascinating/interesting doesn't necessarily mean good/wonderful.  I could provide interminable details of my current flare-up, including waking poor Col up in the early hours of Thursday, asking for more pain-killing. I just wasn't able to get as far as the kitchen to get it.  Poor guy, given his alarm was set for 5 a.m. and he had a long day of detecting ahead of him in the Hampshire Badlands.

My health is not improving. I am getting older. The world system is frightening.  But in spite of everything, the gift of life is very precious, and the hope that our Creator, Jehovah, is holding out to all who will accept it is so wonderful, that I can feel more and more thankful for it every day that passes.  So I will end with a Wendy Cope poem, that is full of appreciation for the gift of life.   And like her, on the day of the poem, I hope I will do all of my jobs today, which would be: revise my Convention notes for the meeting tomorrow, talk to my doctor when he calls, make lunch, make supper, and climb a bit further up Butterfly paperwork mountain - at least get to camp 4 if not the summit itself. Oh and finish this blog!

The Orange

By Wendy Cope

 
At lunchtime I bought a huge orange
The size of it made us all laugh.
I peeled it and shared it with Robert and Dave—
They got quarters and I had a half.

And that orange it made me so happy,
As ordinary things often do
Just lately. The shopping. A walk in the park
This is peace and contentment. It’s new.

The rest of the day was quite easy.
I did all my jobs on my list
And enjoyed them and had some time over.
I love you. I’m glad I exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment