Wednesday 12 August 2020

A Jurassic Moth


Oak Eggar, Lasiocampa quercus

We had a splendid moth visitor yesterday.  A beautiful Oak Eggar.   Enormous.  I hardly dared step out on the balcony in case it swooped and carried me off to its lair - to feed its brood of little, well, Acorn Eggars I suppose. Stunning.

Yesterday was Southlands for the Rheumatology Nurses Clinic.  Two lovely ladies - everything on time, and safely isolated - and I have some new painkilliing ideas to take away with me, if no new medicine  The inflammation is down again - thank goodness - but they gave me some information about two further meds that can be added to my pantheon if necessary.

I am going to hold back though, as anything that is effective against arthritis is so strong that so are the side effects. Its better to struggle on as long as you can really.

I have also practised my part in the Ministry School - my householder is a West Indian sister who is full of enthusiasm for my talk. She reminds me of Wilhelmina, also a Caribbean-Brit, who taught me the truth all those years ago.

Among all this talk of immigration, I must note that I have good reason to be grateful for the West Indians who came here.

No comments:

Post a Comment