Saturday 29 February 2020

In Theory

As I am trying for 10 blogs a month, I need one more before February ends   Once again, I note how this year is racing past - how this millennium is racing past.   The Thousand Year reign of Christ, during which the earth and obedient mankind will be restored to perfection will go by in no time - full of happiness and satisfying work.  If I am there, I hope so much I will see my parents again.

And then.... well, who knows?  Let us hope we are all there to find out.

We are soon having a congregation "do" - an evening's entertainment - and someone has suggested that I could read one or two of my poems.   I feel very dubious about it.  They are short at least.  But the best ones are a bit on the serious side. And the others seem much too slight to be read out at an occasion.

Here is a lovely article about our new facility at Chelmsford - which is now finished.  It begins:

"Walking round the site of the new Jehovah’s Witness (JW) headquarters buildings in Chelmsford, Essex, is a bit like being in a promotional video for what the industry should be like. You can imagine kids watching it and thinking “Yeah, that looks a fun place to work.”
It’s difficult to say what is most shocking: the demographics or the diversity. There are a lot of young people on this site. Lunchtime in the large canteen, one of three sittings, is a bit like being back at university. Walking round the job, there are almost as many women as men, with a woman smiling from the wheel of most pieces of construction equipment..."

I would love Captain Butterfly to come on a visit now its finished.

Rainy all day yesterday - rainy and stormy this morning - Storm Jorge I believe.  And we have just seen some startling scenes of flooding in Yorkshire - in Staith, which seems to have turned into Lake Windermere.

In theory, Jean and I are going out on the preaching work this morning - and in theory Jacks, who can now hardly walk, is coming round for a fish and chip supper tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment