Friday 21 February 2020

Back to the Field?

I hope that, by the time I complete and post this blog, I will be able to say that I am back out on the Kingdom preaching work.    Its Wednesday morning and I just rang Jean and hope to drive over and pick her up in about half an hour - then on to another siblings to prepare and practise our little part in the Ministry School on Thursday.

Done. Dusted.  And it included a warm welcome from one of our householders - the other 2 were out, but at least we tried - and then a quick magazine delivery to a lovely Italian lady and her husband.  I then delivered Jean home and had a cup of coffee and a rehearsal with the sibling who I partner in the Thursday night school.  And Thursday I was out with another sibling - after yet another blood test.  We managed only 30 minutes, before we were driven off by the icy rain.   Then it was the meeting and my part as the householder.  Once again, no script - though I did not have too much to say.

And today I am so tired.   I shopped in the morning for Jacks - who is completely housebound now - and for us - I went up to the Clinic to get my new medicine, but it wasn't ready, will have to try again Monday.  I also made a big carrot cake to re-stock the freezer - my old reliable recipe that has served me well for years - I used to make it for the dive trips in Saudi.   But just doing that has left me drained of energy.

However, I hope to be out with the valiant Jean tomorrow morning. And Jacks should be round tomorrow night for supper - though she has been cancelling a lot recently.

As for what is happening in the world, well, as I said in my part on Thursday night, 2 Timothy 3:1-5 is like a snapshot of the News.
"But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here.  For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal,  having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness,  betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God,  having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away."

But these are the last days - the last days of this current wicked system of things on the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment