Saturday 8 February 2020

A Case for Inspector Morse?

Morse was a great solver of puzzles.  You really had to concentrate when watching Morse on the telly.  Lots of twists and turns.   And if he were here now I could ask about this puzzle.   My flare up started in the early hours of Tuesday morning, in the right knee, very painful, back on my zimmer, housebound, but able to get myself around.   It then flared up in my left foot - agonising - and crippling me, confining me to both bed and bedpan...  though more than enough has already been said about that...

However, while I can understand the foot flaring up, the knee is an implant - an artificial knee.   What is it that is hurting and flaring up?   All very worrying. Unless they make these knees so realistic now that they can include a touch of arthritis...

Anyway, it seems a mystery worthy of a great detective. And Inspector Morse is on my mind as I am just reading the books for the first time.  On Monday, my only day out this week, I walked into town and browsed a charity shop or two (we have a lot of them, this is not Mayfair) and found a couple at 50p each.  So I thought, why not?  And how grateful I am for them today.

I am really enjoying "Last Seen Wearing".

But our Watchtower study tomorrow is about hard work,  especially about working hard at the Christian preaching work - which is making me feel very very guilty, as I have done nothing to speak of this week.  And Jean and I have so much to do. We all have.

I managed to get a load of washing in the machine and hung up to dry this morning - and made a batch of cakes for the Captain's packed lunches - with a couple of pieces for Jean - and got us some supper. But I have spent the afternoon asleep on the sofa in spite of the Rugby roaring away on the telly (being watched by the Captain).  And in my waking moments I have been reading Morse.

The promised storm has certainly arrived in Scotland!  They were playing in what looked like a monsoon.

Hopefully I will be back to my routine tomorrow.   But if the forcast is right I will be driving to the Kingdom Hall through that monsoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment