Friday 3 January 2020

Twenty Twenty

2020 has got off to a rainy and misty start here by the English Channel.  And it is much warmer than it should be, given that this is the bleak Midwinter.  The mist was lying deep and (not at all) crisp and even on the morning of the 1st.  On the Eve I went to bed early with a gripping P.D.James ("The Lighthouse"), to be joined a bit later by the Captain. We were both woken briefly by fireworks to mark the new year.

I toiled up to town on New Years Day to post thank you cards to Jen and Bea and a letter to Kathryn enclosing a copy of the blog I did for Ken, as she is not on the Net.   And I got a calendar for Jackie, who rang up in a panic on the Eve, realising she didn't have one for 2020. We usually give family and friends copies of the Captain's calendars, full of the photos of his year in wildlife - but, alas, this year, we somehow never got round to producing one

It seems like another step on the downward path. Anyway, W.H.Smith was open and they had a suitable calendar with pictures of the Sussex landscape.  Annoyingly it would probably have been half price had I been able to wait to next week to buy it, but Jacks needs it now.  We have the Oz underwater one that Cheryl always sends us.

And yesterday morning I was back out on the Field Service, first call, with the sister I usually work with on a Thursday.    Only did an hour, as I am so tired and everything is aching, but at least I am back.  And hopefully not too bad.  Talking to people is so much NOT my special skill.  I talk to plants, to the furniture, to myself - and my sister's gardner caught me talking to the washing on her line once - but people I find very difficult.  On the doors though, we can ask for Jehovah's holy spirit to help us and that is what makes all the difference.

I called in to Waitrose on the way back to re-stock with frozen blueberries. But they were out of stock!

And. world blueberry shortage aside, I am afraid the News is a very depressing - Australia seems to be on fire, and America is sending troops to the Middle East.   Again.  But how could it be otherwise as we live at a time when the terrible fruitage of the rebellion in Eden is becoming clearer by the day.

So please, everybody, wake up. We are all in "the valley of the decision".  Please choose life - life forever in the restored earthly paradise, with more happiness than we can now imagine.

Revelation* makes this wonderful promise:
 "With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them.  And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” "

All causes for sadness, for pain, will soon be gone.  For ever.

Too good to be true? How can we not wonder that?  So Jehovah goes straight on to reassure us.

" And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”"

Faithful and true.

*Revelation 21:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment