Thursday 16 January 2020

A Walk on the Wild Side

Stormy weather at the moment.  When Col and I went for our walk on Monday, the waves were fantastic - the tide was high - and the wind was cold.  Tuesday morning Jean and I did not go out at all.  I phoned her from the surgery as soon as I had had my blood test (its a wonder I have any blood left in my veins these days) to see if she was OK to go out, but she sounded so tired and down (very unlike her usual valiant self). It was also beginning to rain and was pelting down by the afternoon. So I got her some meds she needed and popped round and we had a cup of coffee and a chat, which cheered us both up.

We talked - among other things - about how well Jehovah looks after us.   And we both felt much more cheerful by the end of the morning.  We understand each other as we both suffer from  age and health related pain issues.

Captain B and I had lunch together - veggie and bean chile - while watching Bargain Hunt. 

Wednesday morning was grey and rainy but the storm seemed to have blown itself out.

The storm over Meghan and Harry leaving (?) the royal family continues. I doubt they will starve, whatever happens, and there are some rather more important and much more tragic things happening in the world, though you would not know it from the Tabloid headlines We are living in a cruel and unjust world system...  and I do wonder if they realise the extent of the privilege they have.  I realise it brings a downside with it, but let's face it what doesn't.  For so many its all downside.

Would I want to marry into the royal family?  No.  A million times No.  But this marriage was a choice, not forced on anyone   And in my case, are the grapes sour anyway, given that no member of the royal family has ever asked me to marry them?  Which does show some practical wisdom on their part as the first paparazzi shots of me trying to exit a car gracefully on a Royal occasion would probably end the mystique of monarchy there and then.

Anyway, I hope their marriage and their relationship with the extended family can survive, whether the monarchy does or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment