Sunday 12 January 2020

Superman and Green Lantern

Bearded Tit
The flare up continued on Friday - right hand very swollen - typing kept to a minimum - Captain B went off to photograph the Bearded Tit (one ofmy favourite birds. they are so round, with such innocent faces).  When he said he had decided to go out I was hastily making him a sandwich for his lunch, and almost had to ask him to cut it up for me - 2 slices of bread and 1 of ham seemed to be beyond my poor swollen hand.

However, With One Mighty Bound, I did it!  I cut through a sandwich.

In the words of the song:  "Superman and Green Lantern ain't got nothing on me."     (The double negative is, for once, applicable.)

Farlington Marshes
Captain B - which should now stand for Captain Bird (not Butterfly) - got some lovely pics of the Bearded Tits.   They are exquisite little birds - both pretty and round and fluffy and full of character.  They are a credit and a witness to their Grand Creator, Jehovah.

My siblings are planning to visit us in the Spring. They had intended to visit the Oz branch of the family but have deferred it to August, wisely I think.  I hope they can make it.  We will have a writing session if they do - something we have done together for decades, through our childhood Bit Books (red exercise notebooks) to our Thursday night sessions when were all young marrieds living in our Northern hometown.  And we are all now published authors.

Jean and I had such a lovely morning on the preaching work on Saturday - doing return visits - and talking to a very interesting young man who has a lot of questions for us.    And we made it to the Hall, just in time for the broadcast.
https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/LatestVideos/pub-jwb_202001_1_VIDEO






No comments:

Post a Comment