Sunday 28 April 2019

Wrestling with my IPad

I took the Thing to the meeting at the Kingdom Hall today, hoping to try it out in public.  Fail.  At home, I could go straight to the Bible at least and look up Scriptures, but at the Hall, all that had disappeared, along with video links that were on the Thing a day or two ago.  So I retreated to the old low tech horse drawn version. Which does work very well.

Two emails last night.  One was to say how much Jacqueline from Canada had enjoyed reading "Waiting for Gordo"   Which was much appreciated.  I may be as far from a best seller as you can get, but I have got a lot of positive feedback from readers, which is so encouraging.

The second email was a sad one though. A good friend from Planet Expat, who like us is now retired in the UK,  has just lost both her father and brother in the space of a few weeks. 

We have emailed our sympathy and I called in to Waitrose on the way back and got one of their beautiful cards, which I hope to get in the post tomorrow.  I also have to ring up to re-schedule my Biopsy appointment as, of course, now it has come, it clashes with a short trip we are making...

Jackie came for supper on Saturday.  We had a Greek evening - as Lidl's were having a Greek food week.  We had a sort of paella, some kebabs, a lovely filo pastry stuffed with cheese and spinach - and I made a pan of mediterranian style veggies to go with it.

A nice evening.  And we had so much food - generous Greek portions - that we suppered off it tonight, and gave a parcel to Jacks for her Sunday lunch.   The cheese and spinach pastry tastes even better cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment