Friday 26 April 2019

153 Species of Moth... and a FLARE UP

Brimstone Moth, Opisthograptis luteolata

153 moth species have turned up on our balcony, since Captain Butterfly metamorphosised into Captain Moth.
Angle Shades, Phlogophora meticulosa

Iron Prominent, Notodonta dromedarius

Waved Umber, Menophra abruptaria
153 Species!  Not bad.  We must get good reviews on Tripadvisor@mothholiday.com.

They are all exquisite works of art - a tribute to their Creator, Jehovah.

Monday has sort of disappeared.  I guess I must have done something.  Probably shopped for us and Jacks - and did some studying - then Tuesday I was out on the work with Jean. One and a half hours - not bad for us.  And that included a couple of good calls.  Yesterday on my visit to Maggie I  was joined by another sibling.  We sang a Kingdom Song from the old Songbook. Well I say "sang".  I did my best, but in my case its hardly singing.  Maggie enjoyed it though.   Then it was out on the Field Service with one of the young pioneers.

The traffic gets more distressing by the day.

As for the News... I hardly know where to start...   but the Biblical phrase "anguish of nations, not knowing the way out", seems to describe it exactly.    I note that politicians seem to be seeking advice from a 16 year old girl who is (I assume) some kind of leader in the ongoing climate change protests.

Everybody should be worried about what we are doing to the earth - and I am sure the young lady in question is very sincere.   But suppose all our leaders would look to the Creator instead of teenagers, and be taught by his Inspired Word?

And we have the assurance, the promise from Jehovah, that he will not let his lovely earth be ruined by the greed and violence of some.

Col has got me one of these terrifying iPad devices  - at my request - we really do need them for the witnessing work now - we have an array of lovely and short videos.  But I am having a lot of difficulty in getting to grips with it and finding things. I think I can manage to work it for the meeting tonight - or last night if I don't get this blog published till Friday.  (I am hanging on for some moth  photos.)

And now I will have to listen in tonight - flare-up, right leg, upper.   Can't drive. Can barely walk.

Its now Friday - the day of Ken's funeral  - which I can get to as Captain Butterfly-Moth has agreed to drive me. So this is not the usual flare-up, or I would be incapacitated for 2 days, and spend the next 48 hours sleeping, trying to catch up on the exhaustion of pain and 2 missed nights.

Is this a hopeful sign, or does the pain have another more sinister cause?  Hard to tell as you get older and older because everything hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment