Saturday 13 April 2019

The Missing Tuesday

Tuesday seems to have vanished.  I am sure Jean and I were out on the work - did just over an hour according to my diary - but here is the thing.  I can't remember.   I know that the Captain and I took his car to the garage, simply because it is in the diary.

Oh dear.

Wednesday was quite busy. The man came to service the boiler - all OK.  Nice young chap.   And I visited Maggie in the afternoon, and found her sitting in a window seat watching the cars go by. Buses were an especial treat and there were lots of them.  Then, its coming back to me, as I was out that way, I did 3 calls on the way back. Found two of them in and delivered the invitation to the Memorial on Friday.  And I got a warm welcome from both!

Thursday?   I think I walked up to the Post Office to post the card to Lilian's sister and the new Butterfly Membership packages. And it was the meeting of course.

Friday - yesterday - its going fast - but I think I shopped for us and Jacks, and I did some calls in the afternoon. Spent an hour with one lady and got a cup of tea.  And I found one lady at home who I hadn't seen for months and months, but she recognised me and was pleased to have magazine and invite.

I had been feeling a bit down so these were some lovely positives, for which I do thank Jehovah.

Today - let me get it down before I forget - picked up Jean at 10 and went on a regular call of hers. Warm welcome - coffee - biscuits (though not for for me) - and Jean actually managed to show her a video on the IPad. She is leaving me behind in the Stone Age!   Then I drove us to the Hall, where there was another cup of tea and a cake (for them as can, medically speaking, eat them).

And then we watched the Broadcast,
https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthly2019/pub-jwb_201904_1_VIDEO

We both enjoyed it so much.  We all did.

Our lifts are still out - still lightning struck.

Jackie is coming for supper tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment