Tuesday 11 December 2018

When Dinosaurs Roamed the Earth

Monday morning - cold, damp, then some wonderful winter sunlight as I dropped Jackie's shopping in to her. Obviously I did ours too and got some non-Xmas wrapping paper and gift cards for the pressies for the youngest grandkids. The older ones will have money in a non-Xmas card.

We hope to be seeing Sami, who is now experiencing her first year at Newcastle Uni - where the Captain and I met back in the Sixties - when dinosaurs roamed the earth.  Does the Bunroom still exist?  And if so, do they still serve my favourite - a cheese and pineapple bun?  And what can it cost now?   More than a shiny new farthing I bethink me.   And is Jesmond still a student area?  Or is it now too pricey?  And above all, is Sam enjoying it? She says so, so far.  She looked both stunning and studious in the picture she put on Facebook.

I got us our lunch, which was really just a question of hotting things up - there was a portion of the smoked haddock dish plus some rice left from Saturday night - which went in the microwave. And i found I had overbought lettuce, so I braised a lettuce for Col to have with it.  I had the cauliflower soup, which is not bad at all, though only I think because I put a whole fresh chile in it.

It was salmon and avocado salad for supper, with new potatoes for himself. I am supposed to be eating oily fish 3 times a week under my new diabetes regime - and I am still trying to work up to 1 time a week.   When I have fish I like it to be cod, in batter, with chips and curry sauce.  Bu it was bad planning to have two fish meals in one day.

Jean and I had a great time out this morning - managing to get  a lot more return visits done. We may even be able to get back to first call next week, weather permitting. Then I made it it to the docs for the latest blood test, and to put my bp results (not good) in for my GP, and put the next prescription in the appropriate box.

This afternoon I fell asleep.  My batteries are low, and I am running on an almost empty tank.


No comments:

Post a Comment