Friday 14 December 2018

The Plague and Us

We have both come down with a horrible cold and are feeling very sorry for ourselves. Cough cough cough.   The Captain had a doctor's appointment and a haircut first thing - and I went off shopping very early - both for us and for Jacks.

So we have a quiet day indoors.   Col working on his Metal Detector finds - researching - and I made  some more cakes for the packed lunches - marmalade muffins this time, Mark's favourite.   I also did my Watchtower study for Sunday - about the important of teaching the truth.   And I planned to tackle the latest Butterfly memberships - but ran into some problems understanding them this month - and have a query in with Butterfly HQ, so can't proceed till they sort out the tangle.

I had a good morning out with my siblings on Thursday. We did an hour and a half going door to door and finished our territory. It was freezing.   But we - my partner and I - both had 2 good calls we hope to return to in the New Year.

We had news of two deaths this week - Aunt Bea's cousin John, and one of my sisters in the congregation- cancer in both cases.  And both leave a family behind that is going to miss them so much.

Here is a poem as I have been reading some de la Mare recently - and have loved his poems since Junior School - many eons ago.


Song of the Mad Prince
by
Walter de la Mare

Who said, "Peacock Pie"?
The old King to the sparrow:
Who said, "Crops are ripe"?
Rust to the harrow:
Who said, "Where sleeps she now?
Where rests she now her head,
Bathed in eve's loveliness"? —
That's what I said.

Who said, "Ay, mum's the word"?
Sexton to willow:
Who said, "Green dusk for dreams,
Moss for a pillow"?

Who said, "All Time's delight
Hath she for narrow bed;
Life's troubled bubble broken"? —
That's what I said. 


And I want to end the blog with this promise from our Creator, Jehovah, the Fulfiller of all his promises:

“Your dead will live. My corpses will rise up. Awake and shout joyfully, You residents in the dust! For your dew is as the dew of the morning, And the earth will let those powerless in death come to life." - Isaiah 26:19

There will be an awakening from the dreamless sleep of death, but not until God's will is done on the earth, and the peace that prevailed in Eden has been restored.    I hope to be there to see John and Yvonne then.  I hope we will all be there.


No comments:

Post a Comment