Thursday 6 December 2018

Peas with Honey

The doorbell rang yesterday evening and it turned out to be a guy with a mysterious parcel for The Captain.

When Col got back the mystery was revealed.   He has brought me two books of poetry as a Winter Present!.

The books are:

A Poem for Every day of the Year
edited by Allie Esiri

and

The Nations Favourite Poems
with a foreword by Griff Rhys Jones

There are many old favourites and many poems that I think will become favourites.

I have already come across this forgotten little gem by that prolific poet Anon:

I eat my peas with honey
I've done it all my life
They do taste kind of funny
But it keeps them on the knife.

I think I shall be referencing these books in my blogs.

Today I had quite a complicated morning out on the doors - we did over 2 hours..   And Jean and I had a great time together on Tuesday doing return visits.     The guy to fix the front door came,but it is not fixed yet - it requires another part which will arrive Saturday together with the young man who will fit it. As Col is out all day on Important Business, I will have to be at home.   My plan is to get on with my next book.  I am suddenly getting people asking me when they will be able to read it....

We saw Maggie on Wednesday.  She is much frailer, but was very pleased to see us, whoever we are.  And she held my hand very tightly.   She is so brave and cheerful about everything...




No comments:

Post a Comment