Tuesday 4 December 2018

A Window in Time

Col found this silver coin - almost 2,000 years old - on one of his recent Detectorist outings.

If that coin could talk!    Though maybe all it could tell us is what the inside of a 2,000 year old purse looks like...
https://colinknight.blogspot.com/2018/12/celtic-silver-unit-verica-cavalry-duo.html

Jean and I had a lovely morning on the doors  - we were invited in for a cup of tea, and we also stopped for a chat with two gents on the road who both accepted the current magazine from us.
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/awake-no3-2018-nov-dec/agony-of-grief/

I wish everyone would read it, think seriously about what it says, and note how different and  comforting what the Bible says about death is, as compared to what the world's religions tell us.

I am struggling with the new way of Diabetes eating,  Its not easy.  I had a bean and mushroom stew with broccoli followed by sugar free jelly and greek yoghourt for lunch. The Captain was out at the Arundel Wetland Trust, and had lunch there.  Lentil soup - so I will have to make him a omelette tonight as I had made a veggie soup, but I don't think he will want soup twice in one day.

I got the magazine about Grief posted to Lilian. She still misses Dave so much.  He was a great guy.  I met him for the first time in Saudi Arabia - many years ago  - when he was the brand-new boyfriend.  I pulled up outside Lilian's and there was a guy (a Brit expat as it turned out) tidying her little front garden.

"Hello. I'm Dave" he said.  "Lilian doesn't know I'm out here - I am sorting out her front garden as a surprise."

What a lovely guy I thought. And so her proved to be.  Good-looking too!

The Captain - also good-looking - is working away at the next computer.  He was back early.




No comments:

Post a Comment