Monday 24 September 2018

The Return of the Captain.

Captain Butterfly has been away at a Detectorval in Norfolk - he left on Thursday. So that was  3 sleeps without him.  I am glad to have him back.   He found a half hammered coin, and there was one really good, museum quality, find on the rally.

I am sure photos will be appearing on his blog soon enough.  It is linked to mine via The Captain's Log.

I kept busy(ish) - can't do that much anymore.  I went out with one of the young pioneers on Thursday afternoon, and had my talk in the Ministry School during the Thursday night meeting.   Friday morning I shopped for Jacks and spent the morning with her.   I cannot think what else I did that day, but probably I fell asleep.

Then it was out with the valiant Jean on Saturday morning. We had a wonderful time.  Jean can't walk too much now, and I have a very painful left foot at the moment, so we prayed for good parking spaces. And we found one outside each house we were calling at!

Very very grateful.  We had some wonderful calls too - the last being to a lady who we had not called on for weeks and weeks, but she remembered Jean. She she told us that she would love to live here on the earth forever.

We hope so much to be able to show her that that is just what the Bible promises.  Jesus that the meek (those meek towards their Creator) will "inherit the earth".   He said "the earth", not heaven.

Sunday was the meeting.  And a downpour, which had eased off when we left the Hall.  It rained in Norfolk too and so Col and his half-hammered were back early.

No comments:

Post a Comment