Friday 21 September 2018

My Talk

I delivered my talk at the Kingdom Hall Thursday night.  We, my partner and I, got slightly lost in the middle but we soldiered on and got back on track.

TALK September 2018
First Return Visit: (3 min. or less) Begin with the sample conversation. The person tells you that he is a Christian.
Question: To what extent does God pay attention to us as individuals?
Scripture: Mt 10:29-31
Link: How do we know that God understands us?


Sue. Good morning. I am glad to find you at home.  I am Sue - and I am hoping you remember the conversation we had last week about how God cares for each one of us.   We agreed that with so much stress on us all at the moment, it can be easy to lose sight of that.

HH . Yes. I do remember. And its kind of you to call again, but you know I am a Christian, I'm a regular churchgoer, so I don't think I will really be interested in talking any more.

Sue.  Oh, its  lovely that you do have a belief.  So many people don't even believe in God these days, let alone Christianity.    But let me assure you that we're Christians.  In fact I came today because I was wanting to share some lovely reassuring words from Jesus himself, if I may.

HH.  Well, yes.  If they are from Jesus.  We do need reassurance at these times don't we?

Sue:  We do.  Maybe as never before.   Reads Mathew 10:29-31:
"Two sparrows sell for a coin of small value, do they not? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father’s knowledge.  But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.  So have no fear; you are worth more than many sparrows."

Isn't it good to know that Jehovah cares for his creation so much that even the tiniest sparrow matters to him - yet we are even more precious. He knows us so well he has every hair of our head numbered.

HH.  it is, of course.

Sue.  It is very helpful to me to able to share those lovely words with someone who appreciates them.   And if I may I would like to call back this time next week, as I want to show you some other  verses, this time from the Hebrew Scriptures or Old Testament.   They show us how much our Creator understands us, and understands our difficulties.  

HH.  Yes, Jesus often quoted from the Old Testament didn't he?

Sue. He did. They are a vital part of God's word.

HH.  If you do want to call back and talk some more you will probably find me in on a Wednesday morning.

Sue. Thanks.



The fact that Jehovah has every hair of our heads numbered explains why he told Joshua not to be afraid because "underneath are the everlasting arms".

God keeps us carefully in his memory, so that even if we die, He can remember us, and re-create us from the dust of the ground, and we can live again.


“Your dead will live. My corpses will rise up. Awake and shout joyfully, You residents in the dust! For your dew is as the dew of the morning, And the earth will let those powerless in death come to life." - Isaiah 26:19

Among the many miracles Jesus did while on the earth was to raise the dead, to show that he is Jehovah's annointed one, and to show what he can and will do when God's Kingdom is ruling over the earth.

Those resurrected back then had to die again of course.  But all those resurrected during the Thousand Years will have life "to time indefinite" ahead of them.  Everlasting life.



I also went out on the Field Service Thursday afternoon with one of the young pioneers, and did a load of butterfly paperwork that arrived in the morning.  

Saturday morning - shopping done - and for Jacks - stopped for coffee and a chat - soups (2) made - washing put away - butterfly memberships posted. I now hope to crash out in front of Bargain Hunt.

Oh, and I did this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment