Monday 10 September 2018

A Weekend in Retirement

Saturday was the monthly Broadcast at the Kingdom Hall.  It is an especially good and helpful one.
https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthly2018/pub-jwb_201809_1_VIDEO

I rang Jean in the morning and we worried together about the weather - some ominous looking clouds standing off.   But we convinced each other - with the help of a Google weather search - that it would be OK.  Jean is in a very frail condition at the moment and a soaking would not be a good idea.   Then as I set off to pick her up the rain began!

However, it stopped as soon as I got to her carpark. And we managed to do an hour and a half of calls and return visits.  We had a really lovely time. Then back to the Kingdom Hall for a cup of tea, a sandwich and the broadcast.  It was all such a help.  My health is not good at the moment, I feel so tired and down.

We even found the elusive lawyer at home!    I don't think I have see him for two months, though I have tried.   And while he did not stop to talk much, he recognised us, seemed pleased to see us and was happy to take the current magazine, which addresses his concerns.

Surely more and more people are wondering this:
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-no3-2018-sep-oct/where-was-god-does-god-care/

The rest of the day was not so good. Jackie cancelled for supper - she is feeling so bad at the moment and I felt more and more tired as the day wore on and did nothing.

Yesterday I took AM to the meeting - though we had to walk a bit. The road was closed for a cycle race so I had had to park the car a few roads away. It was an exceptionally lovely and reassuring meeting.  A Bible student who attends regularly says that the teaching seems to get better and clearer all the time.

There is no other teaching on earth like it. I can't tell you how grateful I am that Jehovah sent his witnesses to my door all those years ago. 

Then, afterwards, I did a bit of shopping for Jacks (and us), got the Butterfly Memberships ready for post plus the associated paperwork, and collapsed and watched a lot of telly.  I must have fed us too.  The Captain was out a'detectoring and took sandwiches. And I had a packet of crisps and a choc ice...

Salmon salad for supper and the rest of the soup for moi.

A busy weekend - or busy for me as I am these days. And I am enjoying a Monday off.

No comments:

Post a Comment