Thursday 6 September 2018

Red Underwing

Red Underwing, Catocala nupta
Tuesday night - balcony - excitement - our Clifden nonpareil had returned - then disappeared - where was it?  Behind the empty bat box as it turned out. And it also turned out not to be the Blue Underwing, but a Red Underwing.     Just as amazing - but possibly not quite as rare.

I visited Maggie on Wednesday and found her sitting in the dining room, over her after lunch coffee.  She always waits till its quite cold until she drinks it. We chatted for half an hour - which is to say I burbled on and Maggie used the few words she has left and seemed happy I was there. Although she has no idea who I am.

The sparkly fan seems to have lost most of its magic for her, but she has taken a fancy to my black and red handbag, and it got a lot of tough love.  Fortunately I wasn't carrying any eggs in it.

It will be wonderful when we can actually talk to each other again.  But we must wait for the restoration of all things - including perfect health for us - the damaged children of disobedient Adam.

Having just read Nigel Slater's "Toast", I was moved to try one of his quick curry recipes and I made a chicken curry yesterday. Its not bad, but I think I need to try a different curry power - it is a Curry Powder curry.   The Captain will be meeting it again tonight, but served with potatoes and a veg this time, as a sort of spicy stew.

Had a chat with the doctor today - they had asked me to do a telephone consultation in the wake of my last blood test  - much more sensible than going in for an appointment.   Blood test results a little concerning - but keep up with all meds and keep repeating the tests.

But then I am in the death zone - I have had my threescore years and ten... and whatever resources are poured into me, I will die sometime in the next 10 years.  I can't see myself going beyond 80.

Unless that is Armageddon comes first, and Jehovah protects me through it.   All who are brought through have the prospect of living forever on this lovely planet, which floats like a blue and white jewel in an awe-inspiring universe.

So there is everything to hope for, and no need to despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment