Sunday 17 April 2016

Paella with Jackie

Jacks cooked us one of her lovely paellas for supper last night, followed by tiramisu and a selection of cheeses. A fun evening, as it always is. The Captain's alarm clock went off at 5 this morning as he is one of the marshalls for the Brighton Marathon.   It looks like they will have a sunny but cold day for it.  So we were up very early, and I did not sleep all that well.  Now  I feel so tired I don't know what to do with myself.

Ron, my lovely bro, is picking me up to take me to the meeting, and Jen, my lovely sister, will run me back afterwards.  We - the gang of four - plan to join the Field Service group after the meeting and go out on the preaching work.

Our Daily Text was a very helpful reminder as I am so tired I don't know what to do with myself and just want to go back to bed, missing meeting, field service and all!

It says:

Sunday, April 17

I must also declare the good news of the Kingdom of God to other cities.Luke 4:43.
Jesus attached great importance to his preaching and teaching work. By means of it, he cultivated a field that had rich potential. Earlier, he told his disciples: “Lift up your eyes and view the fields, that they are white for harvesting.” (John 4:35-38) He had in mind the ingathering of many other honesthearted ones who would become his disciples. Like a good farmer, Jesus would not leave unattended a field that was ripe for harvesting. Hence, shortly after his resurrection and before his ascension to heaven, he gave his disciples the weighty commission: “Go, therefore, and make disciples.” (Matt. 28:18-20) Jesus thus entrusted them with a precious treasure, the Christian ministry. (2 Cor. 4:7) He was, in effect, committing to them “his belongings”—his talents. (Matt. 25:14) Put simply, the talents refer to the responsibility to preach and make disciples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment