Friday 19 February 2016

Hunting the Wild Ladybird

Firecrest, Regulus ignicapillus
More landmarks. The Captain chauffeured me to the meeting at the Kingdom Hall last night.  It was my first time at the new Thursday meeting arrangement - I have been listening in on the phone line, but its much better to be there.

The butterfly memberships arrived on Wednesday. Two months worth.  There has been sickness at Butterfly HQ, so they were very delayed.  There were an awful lot of them. So, on Thursday Col entered them all for me - I am only just now getting back to typing with 2 hands - and I began the marathon task of making up the Membership packages.  I finished them after breakfast this morning.

And today we went for lunch at the Wetland Trust in Arundel - first time since last year. Col lugged the membership packages (in a wheelie suitcase) into the Post Office en route, so that is done.   We had a chicken curry lunch and a walk during which Col found and photographed a Firecrest.  I hadn't realised what tiny birds they are. Exquisite,  And very darty.  It was hopping all over the place, never standing still for a moment - a real challenge to photograph.

And while Col was getting his cameras from the car, I tracked, hunted down, and stuffed down, a chocolate ladybird from the Gift Shop.

It was yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment