Friday 7 December 2012

An Outing!

An outing today to Pulborough Brooks.  I took my cushions and wrapped up warmly.  I can't tell you - wish I could - what a perfect day it is.  The sky is as blue as summer -with some fluffy white clouds - and the light from the low winter sun is amazing.  It had been raining heavily and everything was soaked, sodden and overflowing.

Waxwings had been seen at Pulborough - but were gone by the time we got there. We had lunch - parsnip soup - did a tiny walk round the ponds and then sat outside in the winter sun. The wind was blowing strongly in the trees (or was that the parsnip soup?).

Everything was so Paradise like - full of joy.

Col took Audrey and me to the meeting yesterday, and I managed to get up to the platform without taking too long about it - so I must be feeling a bit better.  Anyway, I was Natasha's householder and we did our little drama on the stage and Charles, who is conducting the school, seemed happy about it.

The subject was: Why Speak the Truth with Conviction.  The featured scripture was: 2 Timothy 1:7,8:
"For God gave us not a spirit of cowardice, but that of power and of love and of soundness of mind. Therefore do not become ashamed of the witness about our Lord, neither of me a prisoner for his sake, but take your part in suffering evil for the good news according to the power of God."

I was Natasha' s student and was asking her how I could get up the courage to tell my workmates that I would no longer be joining in the Christmas celebrations.


No comments:

Post a Comment