Sunday 2 December 2012

A red wing rose in the darkness

This was an Encounter morning:

Encounter by Czeslaw Milosz
We were riding through frozen fields in a wagon at dawn.
A red wing rose in the darkness...
http://www.famouspoetsandpoems.com/poets/czeslaw_milosz/poems/15414

The red wing of the Winter sun rose in the darkness this morning - and the fields - the Green - were frozen.

Mick and June swung by and took me to the meeting, along with Jean. And delivered me back - door to door.  Natasha is coming round tomorrow night as I am her householder on Thursday and we have to practise.  Hopefully Captain B will be able to take both me and Audrey to the meeting.  Jackie is coming for supper Tuesday night, so I have a chicken casserole to make.

Malcolm came over to ask how I was - still running-in my walking stick - and told me that he would get me a  CD of the talks from the Assembly that I just missed!

So a good day, despite a lot of arthritis pain.  

I hope that Czeslaw Milosz will be woken from the sleep of death when the time comes, and that he will see the sun rise again over the beautiful beautiful earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment