Wednesday 31 October 2012

Exhaustion and a very blue Channel

The English Channel. late afternoon, yesterday, was a wonderful calm blue, with a layer of  pale pink sky above it and then soft blue grey fluffy clouds - tenderly beautiful.  And yet a storm was raging over East Coast America - various facebook friends have been posting their experiences.  And Captain Dive Trip tells me that the Indian Ocean is stormy.  Worry worry.

I am still exhausted.  Audrey and I did just over a hour on the door to door work yesterday, and now I can barely stand up.  Its frightening to be so debilitated by a short walk.

Our first door was the local Vicarage.  You do it said Audrey.  I'm not ready I panicked. Fortunately I had my Bible verse - Matthew 24:14 - ready by the time the door opened.  It was the local Vicar.  And it was not a warm welcome.  I wasn't even allowed to read one verse from the Bible.

I will read it now, as none of his parishioners would let me read it either.

"And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."

My question is this. What is it that will end, according to the Bible?

Clearly not this lovely earth, as the meek are going to inherit it and "reside forever upon it".

A related question is: what is the Kingdom of God?   A question beautifully answered in the November edition of The Watchtower.

No comments:

Post a Comment