Sunday 8 April 2012

Bank Holidays, and lurkers from Waitrose

We have had some rain (much needed) in the night - and more promised for tomorrow.  Bank holidays are so reliable weatherwise.

Yesterday we were out on the work, on our last few houses, when a car stopped and Jackie leaped out and out gave me a hug and a kiss.  It had been a lovely morning on the doors and that ended it on a very happy note.  The only downside was/were my knees.  We did over an hour and a half and i began to think that they wouldn't carry me back to the car.

I couldn't get up the stairs of the flats, so the two sisters I was with had to do the upstairs doors, while I did the ground floors.  I am grateful we have so many young ones in the congregation, otherwise how could we cover our territory.  As the Bible tells us, this is an urgent work.  "Preach the word, be at it urgently in favorable season, in troublesome season, reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all long-suffering and [art of] teaching." - 2 Timothy 4:2

Will this new med kick in, so my knees start working properly again?  And will I stop showing everyone the bruise from my first attempt at injecting myself?  Its a horror.  So everyone will be very grateful when I do.

In case anyone from Waitrose is lurking, I recommended your lime and coconut ice-cream to Jean, and she asked me to drop her off there so she could get some. And for supper last night I gave us it for dessert, and now Jacks is a fan.  So if the Lime and Coconut ice-cream freezer keeps on emptying, you will know why.

Mind you, Jill's home made orange ice cream and my mother's raspberry ice cream, from freshly picked garden raspberries, are still tops.  My mother's ideal ice-cream remained the one from her childhood days in Cornwall, when they used to buy ice cream from the cottages. It was made from that yellow Cornish clotted cream with some sugar stirred in, and frozen.  And the cream came from real organic milk - and, as we say now - it was "locally sourced" - probably from the field at the back of the cottage.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks City Its another rainy day here on the South Coast. regards Sue

    ReplyDelete