Tuesday 21 June 2011

Dorothy's Detective Agency

Audrey and I did an hour on the door to door work this morning, then I dropped her off, and went back to the lady who is worried about her cousin in Christchurch.  I asked Dorothy to help and within a day she had found the family and the news about them - some good, some bad.  So I was able to take the information round this morning.  The lady and her husband were really pleased and I came away with a punnet of fresh garden picked raspberries as a thank you.

Not one of them was hurt in the earthquakes that have struck S.Island though.

I also placed two magazines at The Vicarage.  Which was a nice surprise.

I can't think I did anything much yesterday, beyond a big shop, some cooking and some studying.

Except that I did read Jan Karski's "Secret State".  It is completely harrowing, but I promised Jean I would read it so I did.  Its pretty unputdownable though.

What that generation went through!  And how stoical they were about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment