Wednesday 9 September 2009

The bright morning star

I was up at 5.30 this morning and it was only just starting to lighten. The morning star was shining so brightly over the English channel. It made me think of those lovely words in Revelation, when Jesus tells us:

"I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright morning star."

Its easy to see the holiness of the world in the quiet of the early morning - a good time for praying.

Well, I had a couple of driving challenges today. One I flunked, but had to take the other challenge. I took Audrey to the bank, and she directed me into the parking area in front of the shops in the village high street. I have never been in there before. There were some parking spaces opposite the bank but I would have had to back into them, in a very confined area, and would have blocked loads of furious drivers if I had had to do one of my 50 point turns. So I waited outside until I had to move - blocking drivers who wanted to unpark - and so had to drive round the block, i.e. get across the traffic and insert myself into the traffic lights queue.

Anyway, with a lot of praying, I did it, and Audrey was outside the bank waiting for me when I got back round.

She has really helped me with my driving!

She came back to the flat and we had tea and watched the new DVD: The Wonders of Creation Reveal God's Glory.

It was wonderful of course, and even Captain Butterfly (still an Evolutionist, though he is prepared to admit it is still a theory, unproved) watched some of it with us.

Then I took Audrey back and did the shopping.

She has knitted me another beautiful scarf. I am getting quite a designer wardrobe of them now, starting with Bea's handpainted silk Clarice Cliffe style one. And soon I shall be able to start wearing them again, as Winter is on its way.

The Captain is no better but has his next physio session on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment