Tuesday 12 April 2022

MY BIG ADVENTURE



This is the Captain and me at our wedding in 1973.  So we are coming up to our Fiftieth next year, if we make it.  We are wondering what to do about it... maybe, if I am equal to it, we could get together with the family in the North - if they are all equal to it.  Oh dear.  We never make a big thing of our anniversary usually, but somehow, a fiftieth, we probably ought.

Anyway we have a lovely evening ahead of us, at the Memorial on this Friday.  Hopefully we will survive till then - though, in the current system of things there are no guarantees.  We plan to join the Congregation in cyberspace, and will have the emblems, the bread and the wine beside us.  We will remember the sacrificial death that made a hope of living forever on this splendid planet possible. 

You are all invited to join us:  https://www.jw.org/en/  

And afterwards I plan to join himself in a glass of wine - my first this year - on the balcony if the weather is good.


The Big Adventure?  Well, hold on to your hats, fasten your seatbelts and have a Therapist on standby just in case. We had to drive to Bognor Regis Monday morning so I could have my next Covid booster.  It's a trek of 30 minutes through fields and suburban streets lined with blossom.  And how lovely early Spring is.  Anyway the intention was to drop me off at the Pharmacy, Col to go off and find somewhere to park, and then me to ring him on my Smartphone (my StillMuchSmarterThanMe phone) to come and pick me up when it was finished.

But neither the Satnav nor us could cope with the maze of one way streets and pedestrian-only roads that lay between us and our Pharmacy,  So we had to find a carpark and then hurtle along (puff, pant).  It was touch and go,  but thanks to some brilliant navigation by Himself I made it with a minute to spare.  So I was straight in and it was very quick. I was just drawing in breath to start wittering about how I hoped it was OK to have the jab as I had my fearsome injection only just yester... when, stab, I was vaxxed.

And of course marriage is a big adventure, never to be embarked on lightly.

The News from the Ukraine gets worse and worse and worse.  We woke up this morning to the headline that Russia unleashes chemical weapons on Mariupol.  It was a tabloid headline, so I don't know if he has or not.  But if so, then just how far is President Putin prepared to go?  What might he unleash next?  I hope that all my brothers and sisters there, and in Russia, will be able to celebrate the Memorial on Friday and take strength from the hope it gives us - the hope of the loving, perfect government, and the paradise earth that is so close now.  

On a minor note, I read somewhere on the internet that Will Smith - the actor who slapped the other actor at the Oscars - has been banned from attending an Oscar Ceremony for 10 years.  If true, isn't that rewarding bad behaviour?


No comments:

Post a Comment